It's been 100 degrees outside and somehow I got sick. Last Saturday I woke up with a dry throat but didn't think too much of it since I sleep with a fan on and it's just really dry right now. But later in the day I definitely had a sore throat. So it's been 3.5 days and I finally feel like I'm getting over it. I've done almost nothing in those days. I've been working from home and getting only little things done because I just haven't felt very good. Last night I finally slept through the night.
I think it's only one more night and then fireworks are illegal again. We can light them 3 days before and after the 4th and 24th holidays. We had a nice summer rainstorm on the 24th around 11 which made me happy and I figured the fireworks were over for the night. Nope, they lit them after the rain at 1 am. Fireworks can be fun and pretty and all that but I'm not the biggest fan of them in my neighborhood after 11.
So yeah, I'm complainy and a little grumpy right now. This is the part of summer I really don't like and my least favorite time of the year. Being sick doesn't help it. One more month to get through, even though September isn't all the better in the beginning, at least it means summer is coming to an end.
No comments:
Post a Comment