Happy New Year indeed. I was only up at midnight last night because of fireworks going off in the street behind my house. I’ve been sick again and while I didn’t feel too terrible, I stayed home and tried to go to bed before midnight. Today is a lazy Sunday while I try to rest and get completely better. It’s raining/sleeting/snowing anyway so a nice day to be home. I’m actually sitting in my library with a blanket, hot drink, and stack of books which = rainy day perfection.
I’m not much of a goal setter and I never make new year’s resolutions but I do like feeling that a new year is a fresh start. I like the idea of Janus, the 2 faced god, looking both backwards and into the future, endings and beginnings. I also like making lists and crossing things off my lists. So here’s a (guilt-free) list of things I would like to do this year.
- Get rid of the clutter piles; make a place for everything or donate/recycle/throw it out
- Finish the rag wreaths and tied blankets
- Take some trips and do things with my vacation days rather than stay home - I have ideas!!
- Get out of my book slump; try reading in genres I don’t normally to shake things up
- Play the piano more often
- Listen to podcasts on my drive home; there are so many I want to try
- Pay off my car loan
- Change my direct deposit so I’m saving a little more each month

No comments:
Post a Comment