I get myself a Christmas present every year. I mean, who else will give me gifts if I don't? I don't really need more stuff though so I wasn't really sure if I even wanted a gift. I did end up with more stuff but I think it will be good.
I had been thinking about a new chair for my home office since I'm at home about 2 days a week and I had an old hand me down chair. But then I looked at my whole set up at home. My desk is from IKEA and is quite a few years old but still in excellent condition so I couldn't really justify a new one. But it was made for a desk computer with a pull out shelf for keyboard and long hours with my laptop were putting me in an uncomfortable position. So I decided to see what I could do about it.
I ended up with a new chair, foot rest, wireless keyboard and mouse combo, monitor, and a standing desk platform.
The old chair:
And the new set up:

I set it all up last night after my monitor arrived and today is my first day using it. So far I really love it. I stood for an hour this morning during a meeting. I am not used to that and it's going to be weird at first but I will adjust. The keyboard can go on my pull out shelf when I'm sitting and it's much more ergonomic and feels a lot better already. The chair is comfy and I love having a monitor. It's only 21.5 in. screen, so small as monitors go, but still bigger than my laptop screen. I still need to figure out what to do about the cords to get them in some kind of order. And I've lost desk space for actual writing. It's not like I do a ton of that and so far that's the only con I've come up with. Well, it looks a little odd even when the desk is lowered. But I'm very happy with everything so far. The chair was the most expensive thing I bought and none of it is top of the line but it seems to be working just fine. In the long run this will be a lot nicer for my work from home days.
No comments:
Post a Comment