Pages

Monday, October 11, 2021

Great Rainy Weekend

 I took Friday off work and gave myself a 3 day weekend. It was so wonderful. I even got out of bed 15 minutes early this morning without being grumpy and got to leave for work without feeling super rushed.

I was going to do a lot of things on Friday but it was trying to rain so I slept in and then got up and ran some errands. Once the rain started for real, I made homemade applesauce and then went into my library and made myself comfortable with a book or two. I read all afternoon and it was so nice and relaxing.


On Saturday I went to the farmer’s market in the rain. I was dressed in layers with my waterproof hiking shoes and rain jacket. I was wet but it was so nice to have the water. My mom and I went to breakfast after the market and then I went home and spent the afternoon and evening cooking and reading.


The sun finally came out on Sunday and when the clouds left, I could see the tops of the mountains have a dusting of snow. My only real plan for the weekend was to enjoy October and I think I can say I did. Even if I wasn’t outside quite as much as I had planned, it was a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment