The day started as normal (meaning I pushed snooze too
many times and was rushing out the door to go to work) and then I got a flat
tire on the freeway. I’ve never had a flat on the freeway, only smaller roads, and
being on the side of the freeway with the traffic flying by was a scary experience. Turns out my spare was also a little flat so after getting air at the
closest gas station, I headed to get my tire fixed. Turns out it wasn’t fixable
so now I have 4 new tires, oil change, air filter, and alignment. I knew I needed
the tires this fall anyway, so that was fine.
When I finally got to work, the announcement about my new
job had gone out and I had a bunch of emails from people all over the company
telling me congratulations.
So today I am very, very grateful for:
- A guy named Tyson who stopped to help me with my tire.
- A boss who understands when I’m 3 hours late to work.
- A whole bunch of co-workers and other people I barely know who have sent me emails. There were at least 50 of them.
Now I am going to pay it forward and be the good I want to
see in the world. It's going to be a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment