Friday, December 21, 2012

Hope

I’ve avoided much of the news this past week. It hurts so much to watch people I don’t know suffering. Then I think about all the people the media isn’t centered on that suffer for unknown reasons. And that hurts too.  

I can’t begin to know what other people may be feeling but I know that as I have been hurting, I have been praying and I have had an increase of hope and I pray that other people can find hope if they aren’t feeling it now.  
I can’t help but think of the Christmas carol “I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day” based on Henry Wadsworth Longfellow’s poem:
And in despair I bowed my head; 
“There is no peace on earth,” I said;
“For hate is strong,
And mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!”
Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The Wrong shall Fail,
The Right prevail,
With peace on earth, good-will to men.”
I don’t have all the answers. I don’t really have any answers. But I know who does and that is enough for me.
This is a busy time of year for me and I don’t get much time off work, but I am looking forward to spending Christmas with my family, especially my nieces and nephews.
 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment