Pages

Monday, July 21, 2025

Book Anxiety

The book anxiety is happening because I have so many books to read and not enough time to do it. I went on a little book binge this month. I only bought 6 books, but 4 of them were complete impulse buys. Plus, I have 10 books on the hold list at the library. Two of them have come up and I just haven’t been able to read them right then so I sent them back to the hold list. The anxiety will fade and I’ll be left with a bunch of books I haven’t read, and probably won’t get to for a while. Ha ha this isn’t the first time. 

I am feeling pretty good about book purchases this year. I’ve actually borrowed 14 books from the library. Since I’ve been tracking, my yearly amount has only ever reached 18 so I’m very much on track to surpass that. One book that was on my buy list was at the library and available so I borrowed it and it ended up being a little bit of a disappointment, so that turned out to be a good decision. Once the 2nd book comes out, I can decide if I like the series well enough to own, but for now I’m very happy to have borrowed it. 

I’ve also gotten on the “Romantasy” bandwagon lately. It’s a silly title, but no worse than Fantasy Romance, I suppose. But since it combines 2 things I love, I’m all in. I have not really been interested in contemporary romance for a long time, and even historical romance only interests me for a few authors. I’m also loving the cosy aspect of some of the Romantasy. Not that they are all that way, but I’ve found a few lately that have just been nice and easy and calm and that’s good for the mental health. 

I have a few things to do this week, but I can dedicate one evening just for reading. If I make a dent in at least 1 or 2 books, maybe I will feel better about the stacks. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment