I love lazy Sundays! Oh, wait, this hasn’t been a lazy Sunday. Ha ha oh well.
I was in Charlotte last week for work and struggled to sleep all week in the hotel. I got home late Thursday night and these last 3 nights I have slept so well in my own bed. It’s been glorious.
We had a problem come up at work last week and I had to get some support help from our software company and while I was at the airport waiting for my flight, they told us what happened and it’s a really, really big mess. One of the members of my team was doing a relatively normal purge process to delete some data and I don’t know what happened, but she chose the wrong option or something and instead deleted over 300,000 applicants from our recruiting system. And since that’s my part of the system, I get to help fix it. I’m not even a little bit mad at the person. I feel terrible for her. And I feel relief that I didn’t make that mistake and I’m not her supervisor or manager. We are trying to reload some of the data and since I’m not much of a data person, it’s been a bit of a struggle but I’m getting through it. I worked 10 hours on Friday and almost 7 on Saturday. On Friday afternoon I sent the person a message basically telling her to hang in there and I’m glad she’s part of our team. I just felt I needed to say something because I really am not mad at her. I told the people helping to load the data that I was offline today. I do need a break and I’m taking it today. We have a paid holiday for Veteran’s Day tomorrow and I’ll be working it, so I’m not working today.
We had our primary program in church today. I had taken a break from work yesterday to go to the practice and we did the thing today. The kids did so well. It was my day to play the organ and since I’m the primary pianist, I had double duty today. All my mistakes were minor and the kids remembered words and the places where the melodies changed and they just did really good. They didn’t need me for second hour so I came home. LOL I’m sure it should have stayed and gone with the adults but that took a lot out of me. It’s relief to be done with it, even though playing music for the primary is one of my favorite things.
And now I’m going to go cuddle in a warm blanket in my library for an hour and then get ready to go to family dinner. I made pumpkin pie bars for dessert. Never made them before so hopefully they turned out ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment