Last weekend I talked my mom and sisters into not being productive at home and we went shopping. I honestly could have gone, got what I needed, and been back home before we even left, but what's the fun in that. As it was, we got to a busy shopping center in the middle of the day and had lots of traffic and people to deal with. But it was still fun. I just wanted to get out. It was a warm day and the sun was shining and I really enjoyed it.
Then my mom reminded me it was daylight savings. I didn't really notice it on Sunday. I was just home doing my thing and it got dark when it got dark. Monday, we all went to my niece's high school play and I definitely noticed that it was almost dark when I left my house at 5:30. I have to get used to driving in the dark again, I guess.
Today, it's just dark because clouds. I had to get up for an early meeting online and and I've been able to work from home with the window open a bit to hear the rain. It's so nice, even if it is chilly. How many is too many cups of cocoa?
The holiday season will be in full swing before I know it. I'm trying to balance everything and enjoy the fall and have gratitude for so many good things in my life, but also be aware of things I can do around me. I can't truly help most of the world problems right now, though I've given some money to a few causes, but I can make a difference where I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment