I spent this week in North Carolina for team meetings at the corporate office. It was the first in-person meeting I’ve had since I got my new job and joined this team 2 years ago. I had a great time even though it was days full of meetings and having to do some work at night at the hotel to try and keep up.
I was dreading the actual travel but it wasn’t so bad. The flights were direct and I didn’t have any delays. I’ve still got TSA Pre-Check so getting through security is only mildly annoying. So not as bad as it could have been, for sure.
I think we will normally have team meetings together every quarter and that much travel is actually something I kind of enjoy. It’s not really often, but when it does come, it makes work different and mixes things up a bit.
I work on a great team with great people and while we work well together remotely, there are definitely some advantages to being in the same room. It was really nice to be back together. I won’t be dreading the next time so much. I have to go again in September for the big company wide HR meeting and there is talk of October or maybe just early next year for the next team meeting.
And now I happily await the end of August and end of summer. It’s been a good one but I’m ready for my favorite time of year.
No comments:
Post a Comment