Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2021

Merry Christmas, 2021

I’ve had a nice (and pretty quiet) Christmas holiday. The Saturday before Christmas, I went with my mom and sister and a bunch of nieces and nephews to SL. We went to breakfast and then to the giving machines in the City Creek shopping center. I bought school supplies, clean water, diapers, and chickens to give to others in need. I think the kids had fun. I know I did.

My actual Christmas was low key. My sister got covid earlier this month and it’s been going around her family. We only had a few of them (that had tested negative that day) at dinner on Christmas Eve. Then for actual Christmas, I slept in and then didn’t do much. A little cooking and laundry and movies later in the evening. LOL I have decided that maybe I should leave something to be unwrapped so it actually feels like Christmas. Especially, since I didn’t put up a tree this year. 

Today it’s been snowing so I’ve had another “at home” day. I streamed my church service and then have been doing one of my favorite after-Christmas activities from my childhood: reading and eating mom’s leftover rolls. The only thing missing is that old heater vent in the kitchen. 

Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment