So a little over a month ago I made the decision to put a new fuel pump in my car because I didn’t want to buy a new one right now. Two weeks after that my check engine light came on while I was at Bear Lake with my family. Since the car was still running, I drove it home but I was a nervous mess driving it through the canyon. I don’t ever want to do that again. LOL my brother followed me home but he just said at least it was mostly downhill so I could coast if I needed too. Yeah, never again. By the time I got it to the mechanic the light had gone off and they couldn’t tell me what was wrong. So I kept driving it and the light came back on. And then it did this little stutter thing on the way home from my mom’s and I was done. Just done. I didn’t care what was wrong or what it cost to fix it. I worked from home so I didn’t have to drive it much and did a lot of research and then last Saturday bought a new (to me) car. I got a 2019 Rav4. I was pretty excited on Saturday.
Then the anxiety kicked in. LOL I had
done my homework and I knew what I could afford and while this is on the high
end of it, it is by no means too much. I just haven’t had a car payment for
over 10 years and I used my entire car savings account for the down payment. I
mean that’s what it was for. But I’m used to having that cushion. Now I have to
save up again. And I will. It’s totally fine. It wasn’t my only savings. Just
with my brand of anxiety I have to get used to my new normal. I do really like
what I got but getting used to it is a little harder that I thought it would
be. I feel HUGE in it and I’m not used to driving something bigger yet. And I
got rid of my old little Mazda yesterday. One last drive and it was gone. It
was a good little car most of the time and now I’m in a monster. I remember
when I got my new phone and I hated it at first because it was too big and now
it’s just normal. That will happen again. Maybe when it's dirty and smeared with bugs it will feel like mine. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment