It's the hot, hot days of summer. Can’t say this is my favorite time of year, but I will say sometimes the evenings can be nice. I walked to get my mail the other evening and it was still warm, but a little breeze had the air smelling like the canyon and camping and that was nice. Trying to look on the bright side and not wish away my days to cooler weather. I have some time off this week so I’m going to take advantage of the cooler mornings to get outside a bit. I have vacation to use up so I don’t lose it so I’ve spread it out to use up over the rest of the year.
Not much else going on. I’m still reading
a bunch of web comics and my actual book count is probably going to end up low
this year. I’ve finished 39 books so far, which is still more than 1 per week
(so far) and the caveat applies that I’m doing a lot of re-reading that isn’t
counted, which is normal. I’ve haven’t checked so I don’t know for sure, but I
feel like my book buying has fallen drastically this year. I’ve still purchased
half of the books I’ve read but most of those have been ebooks. I’ve read some
good stuff this year, but it’s still a struggle to find books that really keep
my interest so I usually fall back on web comics. I’m realizing that even my
book reading goes in cycles though so I’m not worried about it. I still love to
read and my home library still makes me happy.
I made myself finish up a bunch of perfume samples so I could buy more. LOL I’ve been gravitating towards more retro/cologne smelling things lately. That is strange for me. I still like the fresh/floral stuff, but the slightly spicy/woody is also appealing to me now. And I just found one that ends in a very pretty rose, and I’ve never really liked rose before. It felt old fashioned somehow but I’m really liking some old fashioned things now. I’m sure that will also change and next year I’ll be into something else. I still have way too much perfume (regular bottles and samples) but I don’t care. I can’t wear all of it in every season and I like having new stuff to try.
I’ve been spending tons of money… too much, really, so I think I’ll stop for a while and start saving instead. I don’t need to buy things and probably need to talk myself into doing another purge of all kinds of things I’m not using or wearing any longer. So yeah, it’s just normal life.
No comments:
Post a Comment