Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Best Books of 2020, Part 2

And my top books read in the order I read them.

Small stack this year: half were ebooks/library copy.

Love Lettering – Kate Clayborn

The year was off to a great start with my January reads. This was just really cute. I’m actually afraid to go back and re-read in case I feel differently now.

The Will and the Wilds – Charlie Holmberg

Soul stealing kisses in this one. That’s all you need to know.

Homebound – Lydia Hope

I like science fiction romance where the 2 leads are different enough that they have to look past things and overcome obstacles to be together and that’s what we have here.

Strange Planet – Nathan Pyle     

A perfect feel good book that I really needed. I bought it because I follow the author’s Instagram, but I’m happy to have read the book as well.

Faro’s Daughter – Georgette Heyer

This one cracked me up so good. I loved Deb. She gives Max the run around in so many ways. I keep going back to my favorite parts.

A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder – Holly Jackson

I had a blast with this one. I read it at a time when reading wasn’t really working out for me so that’s an added bonus.

Emerald Blaze – Ilona Andrews

I felt like Catalina and Alessandro’s first book had a few missteps but this one picks it up and gives the non stop action with a little romance that the Andrews’ do so well.

Swordheart – T. Kingfisher

This one surprised me big time. I read about it somewhere online, decided I had to have it and read it in one go. I wasn’t even half way done before I downloaded Paladin’s Grace. I can’t wait for more. This is the kind of fantasy romance I like to read.

Revenge in Rubies – A.M. Stuart

The author’s first book in this series was on my best of list last year so I’m happy to see this one here too. It’s another really solid story. I love that it takes place in Singapore.

Return of the King – Megan Whalen Turner

The conclusion to an epic series. It was perfect.

The Bright and Breaking Sea – Chloe O’Neill

This one was unexpected. It hit all the right spots with me. A female captain in Her Majesty’s navy has to deal with spies, pirates, and a Viscount.

And that’s it for this year. Who knows what next year will bring. I’m not even going to speculate. My list of books to buy in 2021 is pretty small right now. I’m sure it will get bigger. Maybe I’ll try and read some of the books I bought in 2020 or any other year. They are sitting on my bookshelves just waiting for me to pick them up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment