Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Apples and Pears


I had my final oral surgery a month ago. At least, it had better be the final. Ha ha…. Anyway, trying to find soft foods I could eat had me making applesauce in my Instant Pot. Oh my gosh, it was good!!!  I have to say I’m not the biggest fan of cooked fruit, so pies and cobblers are something I can easily pass on. This applesauce was just apples, cinnamon, and a little lemon juice and honey. It was like eating apple pie filling but so much better. I will definitely be making it again.

So last night I was looking in my fridge and I still had a vanilla Greek yogurt which I’m not a big fan of that particular flavor. I also had some pears that were going to go bad if I didn’t eat them. So I made baked pears. And…..they were so good! LOL – I really love cinnamon. The recipe said serve with ice cream if you want, but I didn’t have any so I decided to save some for breakfast to eat with my yogurt. Yum! It made a really good breakfast. And it was filling. Now I’ve been rethinking the whole cooked fruit thing, or at least apples and pears. I do like to eat them raw, but now I have some new, healthy ways to eat fruit when I get tired of plain. Sometimes you just need to mix things up a bit.

I’m just really happy it all turned out. I’m really not much of a cook so I always feel so good when I find a recipe that makes me feel like I can actually make good food. Or as one of my favorite food blogger says a Rockstar in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment