Pages

Monday, August 14, 2017

Family Vacation

My mom rented a house on the beach again this year so the family went up for family vacation last week. I was a little worried at first because it wasn't going to be the same with dad gone and we had my brother's in-laws with us. And it wasn't the same, but it wasn't bad. I think we had fun.

On the way up we had a quick stop at Shoshone Falls - near Twin Falls, ID. I had never been there before. This is where my sister discovered that her 3 year old had taken his shoes out of his bag and he only had the pair of socks he was wearing.


We stayed in Lincoln City this time on a beach on the north end of the city. I loved the beach we were at, but I don't really like Lincoln City. I think there are better cities on the coast. The house we rented was fine. It fit all of us. I think they could have done a few quick repairs (like actually attaching the curtain rod to the wall) and it would be a nice place to stay.


I thought the weather was fantastic. We didn't get a lot of sun, but I love the mist and fog. Most days it burned off in the afternoon.

My favorite part was exploring the tide pools a short walk down the beach. It was a beautiful area with some caves and rocks and all kinds of marine life. I think the kids really had fun too.

 



Anyway, I got home late Saturday night (or technically early Sunday morning) and got to sleep in my own bed again. It was nice to get away and nice to be back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment