| View of Edinburgh Castle from Princes Street gardens |
We flew in and out of Edinburgh. It was a fun city to visit. My favorite things we did in Edinburgh would have to be:
1. Mary King's Close tour
2. Botanical garden
3. Holyrood Park/Salisbury Crags/Arthur's Seat
I don't have any pictures of Mary King's Close because they weren't allowed. A "close" is a small street/alleyway. Edinburgh is built on a hills and sometimes they built over other buildings. Mary King's close is basically a street that is now underground because it has been built over. I love underground things so this was definitely something I enjoyed.
The botanical garden was just a nice walk away from traffic and people. I love gardens and flowers so this is another thing that appealed to me. I loved the Glass House and all the different varieties of plants and flowers they kept there.
| No idea what this is but very cool |
| Glass House |
We hiked up the middle of Holyrood Park and went to the Salisbury Crags part. I did not go all the way up to Arthur's Seat but my sister did. The gorse is in bloom and it was a very nice hike, although very windy at the top.
View from Holyrood Palace: Arthur's Seat is peak on left
|
| Arthur's Seat and the gorse in bloom |
The weather was fantastic for us. It was a little chilly on a few days, but it didn't rain on us until the very last days. We spent about 4 days here and then picked up our rental car and headed north.
| I love the rooftops: reminds me of Mary Poppins |
| Greyfriar's Bobby on Candlemaker Row |
No comments:
Post a Comment