My favorites this year
(in no particular order) are:
The Coldest Girl in
Coldtown – Holly Black: I just really loved this take on vampires. I
also love the cover and title.
Fangirl – Rainbow Rowell: Without a doubt the
biggest book hangover and the biggest book-boy crush. I can’t even count how
many times I’ve read this book this year. I loved it!
Fortune’s Pawn – Rachel
Bach: I read the entire
trilogy this year. I think the first book was probably my favorite but I just
really enjoyed this whole “romp in space” series.
Night Broken – Patricia
Briggs: This series has just
been consistently good and from one of my very favorite authors who never seems
to disappoint.
The Road Home – Ellen
Emerson White: This is the final book
in a series set during the Vietnam War. I loved it. Talk about being
transported to another place and time. It’s my second biggest book hangover and I’ve
read it multiple times also.
Silence for the Dead –
Simone St James: I’ve really enjoyed her
books and I think this was my favorite yet. I’m not big into ghost or supernatural
stories but I do like the way she does them.
Every Breath/Every Word
– Ellie Marney: I’m counting both books
here. I adored them. Fans of Sherlock Holmes should read them.
Blue Lily, Lily Blue –
Maggie Steifvater: The third book in an
amazing series and I’m going to be sad when it’s over.
Honorable mention goes
to:
The Shape of Desire –
Sharon Shinn
Murder of Crows – Anne
Bishop
Dreams of Gods and
Monsters – Laini Taylor
Dreamer’s Pool – Juliet
Marillier
A Grave Matter – Anna
Lee Huber
There are a bunch of
other books that I really liked. I have noticed I’m stingy with my 5 star
ratings but I have quite a lot of 4 star books on my list.
Most Anticipated books
for 2015:
Vision in Silver – Anne
Bishop
Dead Heat – Patricia
Briggs
The Shadow Revolution –
Susan and Clay Griffith
Every Move – Ellie
Marney
The Tower of Bann-
Juliet Marillier
A Study in Death – Anna
Lee Huber
The Other Side of
Midnight – Simone St James
My only reading goal
for next year is to just keep digging away at my TBR pile. I’ve come to terms
with the fact that it will never go away and that I add books to it faster than
I can read them.
No comments:
Post a Comment