I think the reason I love this book so much is because even
though I am not like Cath, I remember some of those feelings from my first year
of college. Thinks like figuring out how to eat in the cafeteria, or finding
your classes or the best spots to study in the library. All the new people you
meet. I even had a roommate whose boyfriend was over all the time. Cath is so
strong even though she doesn’t think so. Even with her stomach in knots she
still does what she needs to and makes it through whatever she’s dealing with. And then there’s Levi who gives out smiles just
because he can and because it makes him happy. Levi has been my biggest book crush all year
so far and I don’t see that going away any time soon.
The only small squabble I had with this book is the actual
fan fiction Cath writes. While I would probably read the fictional Simon Snow
series if it were real, getting just bits and pieces of it took me out of the story.
I wanted Cath and Levi, not Simon and Baz. I’m not saying it wasn’t good, I’m
just saying that now that I’ve read it once, I can skip those parts and go
straight to everything else that I love.
I bought Eleanor and Park at the same time I bought Fangirl
and while I didn’t love that one as much, I found out that I love Rainbow
Rowell’s writing. I’ve got Attachments on hold at the library and when Landline
comes out, I’ll be reading it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment