Monday, March 13, 2017

How is it March Already?

This year I bought the kids tickets to Disney on Ice for their birthday present. The ones old enough to go, at least. We went on Saturday. The kids had fun so I guess it was worth it. As an adult I would have liked to see more figure skating type of skating but that’s just me. Then yesterday after family dinner we played outside with bubbles. It feels so good to have Spring coming. It’s supposed to be a beautiful week here.
I tried to catch up on the news this morning and then after the first depressing story, I decided I’d had enough.  Some days I just can’t do it.
I’m not the savviest social media person by any means. I use Goodreads, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, in that order. Goodreads is definitely the place I waste the most time. What can I say, when I’m not reading books, I’m reading about books. I save recipes on Pinterest but other than that, I don’t spend a lot of time there anymore. Instagram is fun but I don’t use it all that often. I’ve tweeted exactly 10 things in the 3 years I’ve had my Twitter account.  I get on FB when I get notifications, mostly to get rid of them. I’ve been cutting way down on social media.  I’m happier when I’m not constantly inundated with bad news and crazy goings on.  I like seeing family fun times and good things about people but any more, I feel like I have to wade through a bunch of junk to see that. So I just don’t and I don’t miss it.  Like everything in life, I suppose balance is key.  
So lots of family time this weekend and it was great. It’s definitely where I’d rather be spending my time. We have ideas of some things we want to do together this spring and summer and I’m looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment