Wednesday, March 29, 2017

A Little Different Tuesday Night


Last night I did something a little out of the ordinary. A lady that I’ve worked with for years (in fact I applied for and got her job when she transferred to another division 14 years ago) is leaving the company. Some of her coworkers contacted me to see if I wanted to attend a little get together for her.

So yesterday after work, a coworker and I drove to Riverside, UT which I consider to be on the way to the middle of nowhere.  I’m sure the people who live there would disagree, or maybe agree with me and be happy they have very few neighbors.  Anyway, the lady who hosted is very nice and welcoming and had made A TON of food plus her husband cooked Dutch oven potatoes that were heavenly. There weren’t too many of us so we sat around the big kitchen table like old friends and ate and told stories about work and life and we laughed so hard I was crying a few times. I haven’t laughed like that in a long time. We had only been planning to stay a little bit but ended up there until almost 8:00 pm. It was truly an enjoyable night and I had a lot of fun. I wish my friend all the best in her new endeavors.

All too often I opt out of social situations. Sometimes in my want for solitude, I don’t realize that I also need people. I do get out with friends and family but should make sure I do it in balance with my “want to be alone” self also. And, as I was reminded of last night, sometimes getting out with almost strangers can be a lot of fun also.  LOL – I just don’t want to do it too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment