Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Nearing the End

I just finished my 125th book of the year. That's a record. My last record was last year when I hit 100. I know some people read a lot more than that but I'm not comparing myself to anyone else. The year isn't even over yet. I'm almost done with 2 other books so I've decided to see if I can hit 130. Christmas is going to be quiet this year. We're doing most of the celebrations with the family on the 24th so I think it will be me and mom for most of the day. She's a reader too so maybe we'll have some good reading time. Plus, you know, all the other reading I do in the normal course of living like eating dinner, right before bed, waiting for trains, etc.


I've been thinking about how I could have gotten so many more books in this year. I haven't scrimped on pages; I've read a few pretty big books. Both of the books I'm almost done with are 450-550 pages long. I went on a couple vacations with air travel time (which is more reading time) so that could be some of it. I think most of it might be that I'm staying at work for lunch. Since my parents moved and I don't have anywhere else to go I've either been eating in the break room and reading a book, or going to the park to walk. Being able to read an extra 40 minutes or so a few days a week can really add up, I think.


In other news I'm exhausted and really looking forward to having a break from relief society stuff, from work, Christmas preparations, etc.  How did it get to be the end of the year already? It's one of the mysteries of the universe, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment