Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Choices

I can’t believe we are already at the end of September. Time is just flying by and I’m trying to make a conscious effort to enjoy the days of my favorite season. I don’t want them to pass by in a blur.
Sunday, our lesson in Relief Society was the talk from President Monson on choices. From the things the teacher talked about, I really liked the idea of making conscious choices and defining our lives rather than just letting them pass by so I’ve been trying to pay attention to my choices this week. I’ve been in a bit of a funk. I’ve told myself its ok as I deal with grief and stress and anxiety but I don’t want to feel that way all the time.
I made the choice not to get up to exercise this morning. J  I did use my lunch break to walk 2 miles at the park (another conscious choice). I’m happy I still did it and being outside in the sunshine felt great, but I realize that I didn’t actually get any more sleep by pushing snooze so I should have just gotten up. I’m tired either way.  Tomorrow I will choose to get it done in the morning.
I also chose to eat a few squares of a Lindt Intense Mint dark chocolate bar after lunch.  And it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment