Sunday, May 1, 2016

Oh What a Night!

We've been having a wind storm. I don't think I slept much at all last night. I swear I could feel my house moving during the bigs gusts. I went out around 10:30 pm and pulled my garbage cans into my garage so they didn't blow away. I don't know how high the gusts were in Ogden, but they seem to be as high as 90 mph in some areas. Crazy! We have a lot of trees down in my neighborhood but I still have power.

I called my mom and sisters this morning. Amy is in Oregon so I drove up to her house to check on it and it seems to be ok. Her church and my church meetings were canceled. So were my brother's but he lives in Kaysville and it sounds like they got hit pretty hard. They lost power (and their trampoline blew away) and decided to go to my moms for awhile.

My bishop called a ward council this morning and we all showed up and he made assignments. We got a bunch of the sisters called to check on them and make sure they had heat and to let them know there was no church. I've seen a few people out driving around checking up on people. As my bishop said this morning, this is really what church should be about: helping people. It's not just about going to meetings.

Anyway, they say the winds will die down later this afternoon and tonight. I hope so. I'd like a nap but don't know if it's possible to sleep with these gusts. Hopefully, I'll sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment