Friday, January 8, 2016

TGIF


I don’t make New Year’s resolutions, but I have told myself this year I was going to try not to lose a week to doing nothing but reading. So guess what I did this week? I did manage to do some relief society stuff but that’s pretty much it.

I’ve read 3 books and 1,670 pages since January 1. That’s 238 pages a day on average. Four of the books I’ve had on hold at the library all came up within a week of each other and I’ve got another one sitting there waiting for me to go pick up. One of them I just decided I didn’t want to read right now, but I did want to read the other 3. My reading comes in waves though. It’s rare for me to not be reading something, but sometimes it takes me a week to finish 200 pages and sometimes it only takes a couple hours.

I did get my new bookshelf last weekend and I think I should take a break and put it together this weekend. I’ve remembered that I have a box of children’s books in the closet and maybe I should go through those and put some of them on a shelf. I have a feeling this new bookshelf is going to fill up fast.

Gosh, I’m tired. Yes, I stayed up reading last night. I’m so happy I don’t have to have the alarm go off tomorrow morning. The weekend can’t get here fast enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment