Friday, January 29, 2016

Foggy Morning and a Valentine


I love the concept of fog. I love it when I’m inside looking out at it. It’s that whole gothic, sprawling mansion, coastal cliffs, girl in danger thing. Yeah, I probably read too many books.  I don’t like driving in it and the tricks it plays on your vision.

Today’s commute to work was one of the most stressful I’ve had in a while. I’d rather drive with snow on the roads; at least I can see. We had a stretch of heavy fog all the way from my house to work. Usually, it’s just patchy and lets up so you can see and your eyes go back to normal. This was 30 minutes of heavy fog. I made it off the freeway to the intersection where I turn onto the highway where work is and I just sat there for a bit. I couldn’t see more than a few feet in front of me and I had to make a left turn onto the highway. I just prayed and looked as hard as I could, and pulled out into the road. Not a fun morning.

I had to go to our relief society activity last night. Ha ha… I say had to like it’s killing me. I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t like RS activities in general. I made the decision when I became the RS president that we were only going to have them every other month, so 6 a year. I go to them because I want to support my counselor in charge of the activities. She does a great job with her committee. This one was just a kind of getting to know you night and we played a little game with those valentine candy hearts. Then we did another game where we wrote down something nice about everybody in the room on strips of paper and then everybody had a number and a valentine’s bag and put the paper in the corresponding bag. So I had 20 people say something nice about me and I got to take the bag home and read them.

I should know by now that I need an attitude adjustment. I seem to never learn. It was just a really nice evening and I got to talk to a few people that I don’t normally have a lot of chance to talk to. I think the sisters that came had a good time and hopefully they enjoyed reading all the nice things that were said about them. I know I did. Life is good and I am truly blessed, in spite of a crummy week and a foggy morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment