Monday, December 14, 2015

Moving Day is Almost Here

I spent all day on Saturday helping my parents clean out their garage and shed and basement. If feels like we barely made a dent. There's still so much to do. The movers are coming on Thursday. I told my mom after the stuff they are keeping gets moved out, we can just load up the rest for the DI or the dump. We took at least 2 truckloads to the DI on Saturday and got rid of a bunch of other stuff. My brother-in-law had the back of his truck packed with some furniture and things they were taking. I ended up with another plant, a water container, a cast iron frying pan, and then a bunch of food storage stuff. I seriously won't have to buy noodles for a long time. But the big score was a can of potato pearls. The Church stopped canning them some years ago and those things are seriously the best! 


Before I went home, I gave up my keys. I won't be letting myself in ever again. Cleaning out 30+ years of accumulated stuff is never fun or easy. But as my sister pointed out, it is a lot nicer that we are doing it as a family while mom and dad are still around. And there will be a lot less stuff to clean out of the new house after they are gone. God willing, it will be awhile.


It puts me in the mood to clean out my own house. I went through my pantry yesterday while listening to Christmas music. I am so blessed to be in my own home and I really have a lot of space for one person.


It is snowing!!!  I'm so excited that we will have a white Christmas after all. Tonight is baking night for FHE!

No comments:

Post a Comment