Tuesday, August 11, 2015

PiYo - Week 2 Recap


I actually went and bought a sweatband. It was a cheap one from Walmart but I was tired of all the sweat dripping from my face. I haven’t even got to the workout called Drench yet. It helps a little bit but it’s disgusting when I’m done.  At this rate I’m going to need more exercise clothes just because of all the sweating I’m doing.

I’m getting used to more of the moves and I got to add the Core workout. I’ve decided I really like the Define: Lower Body workout. It feels more like traditional yoga and I had forgotten how good pigeon pose feels.  My wrists are feeling stronger and I’m doing all of the pushups (on my knees, but I’m doing them).  I even did a few of the real burpees and not the modification. I’ve added some walking also and I walked/hiked 5 miles on Saturday in addition to the scheduled workout.

I might add that I didn’t buy Shakeology. I don’t eat/drink that kind of thing in general. I do like the clean eating plan that comes with the DVDs. It’s basically a list of foods that you should be eating and helps you figure out in what portions. Many of the foods on the list are things I will eat anyway so I don’t feel like I’m changing my diet. I’m not following it exactly, but in the 2 weeks I’ve been doing this, I’ve cut back on other foods (like chips, pop) that I was eating way too much of. I’ve been planning a menu and freezing and eating leftovers for lunch for a few years now so I’m always on the lookout for new recipes that are tasty but still made from real, healthy ingredients.  And my mom keeps giving me fresh vegetables from her garden so that always helps.

So after the second week, I’m feeling better about the workouts and I’m motivated to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment