Saturday, July 11, 2015

Saturday Morning

I've been making myself get up on Saturday mornings instead of sleeping in. I don't like to exercise when it's too hot outside so that means I have to get out of bed. As much as I love sleeping in, it's kind of worth it to be up. I left my house just before 7 this morning (which was actually later than I had planned) and walked along the river parkway and then kept going to Birdsong trail and then back home again. It was about 6.6 miles round trip.

 
It was a beautiful morning. Ok - no "kind of" about it. It was definitely worth getting up. And I was early enough that there weren't a lot of people out when I started.


 

 
The wind always comes out of the canyon in the morning. It was pretty strong walking against it. But once I got in the trees and out of the open areas, it didn't bother me.


I texted my sister and she ended up meeting me part way when she took her dog for a run. After I got home I took a really fast shower and put on some sunscreen and mascara and ran out the door again to meet part of my family at the Farmer's Market downtown. I got a pastry and a fresh squeezed mint lime-aid for breakfast.

My legs are a little stiff. It's been a while since I've walked that far. And I didn't stretch when I got home. I'm already thinking about where I want to go next Saturday. I really do live in a great place.

No comments:

Post a Comment