Sunday, February 15, 2015

Chocolate Cake Castle


I made my birthday cake again this year. I found the chocolate cake castle on Pinterest and thought it would be fun to try. My niece helped me build the towers. 
 
 

 
 
The picture online used Hershey's small candy bars but I don't really like Hershey's so I went with some Andes mints. I should say the cake is Hershey's Ultimate Chocolate Cake from their website. I don't like Hershey's candy bars (there's just better tasting and less waxy out there, IMO) but they do have some good recipes. This was great tasting cake, if I do say so myself. 




We cut into it and pretended it was a fort that got destroyed in a battle. I'm going to say it might not look like the picture from Pinterest, but it's pretty darn close. We're calling this one a Pinterest win.


It's not quite my birthday yet, but this was the family celebration. Mom made Navajo tacos for dinner, which is one of my favorite things to eat. Then we had cake and ice cream. I've been sick and still am not feeling great but it was a good time with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment