Monday, February 9, 2015

Birthday Shopping

I have a tradition of buying myself a birthday present. I get a few gifts from my family but I don't expect them and don't want them to spend their money on me, not really. I can spend money on myself. And I do. My tradition has morphed into "birthday month". I buy myself stuff all month and call it a birthday present. Then when February is over, I'm back to normal shopping (meaning I buy books constantly, and other stuff only when I need it or when it's on sale or when I can use a little "retail therapy"). Ha ha... I probably shop a lot come to think of it. Anyway, it is Birthday Shopping month and I took the day off and went shopping. I needed a break from work anyway. 

It was a fantastic day. I woke up without an alarm clock and spent the day doing whatever and wandering through a lot of stores. I ended up with some stuff from Sephora, a couple books, a new pair of shoes, a new shirt,  and some random stuff for around my house. Then I headed home, made dinner and am now watching Guardians of the Galaxy for the third time in 3 days (I'm getting my money's worth from Amazon instant video). :)  

Anyhow, I've got my birthday shopping done for the month, unless of course, I see something else I might want before the month is over. I had a great day off and going back to work tomorrow doesn't sound as bad as it could. Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment