Monday, October 21, 2013

Walnuts


It’s that time of year when my dad cracks buckets of walnuts and I take them home and shell them.  It’s a pretty good process because he can crack them when he wants and I can shell them when I want. I usually just sit down with a movie and do a bucket at a time. This year I’ve been shelling the walnuts while I watch season 2 of Call the Midwife. That show got me hooked from the first episode. I’m not a huge TV watcher, and I usually watch shows hit and miss but every once in a while, I find one that really pulls me in. Anyway, I’ve really been loving Call the Midwife but that stupid show makes me cry every episode, I swear.  So I’ve been doing the walnuts with a tissue close at hand. I did read the first book the show is based on:  The Midwife: A Memoir of Birth, Joy, and Hard Times by Jennifer Worth. It was a good book, but not as emotionally involving as the TV show.  I’ve got one more buckets of nuts left to do and that should let me finish up the rest of the episodes. It’s just a matter of finding the time to sit down and do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment