Tuesday, October 29, 2013

In the mood

Well, I can tell winter is definitely coming. It rained most of the night and into the morning. I love the rain and will never complain about that. But it was so dark driving to work this morning. It seems like it happened overnight. I was in Tuscaloosa, AL for work last week so maybe it was more gradual than I realize but it seems like yesterday it was light and today it wasn’t.

I really do love this time of year, though. I carved a pumpkin on Sunday and tonight will roast the seeds. The grocery stores are getting their pomegranates in stock and hot chocolate is going on sale. I feel like I need to get everything ready to hibernate through the winter.
Maybe it’s because Halloween is in a couple days, but I’m in the mood for dark music and gothic books. I’m reading Touch Not the Cat by Mary Stewart and loving it. I want to re-read some of my other gothic favorites when I’m finished. I’m listening to The Village soundtrack. It was composed by James Newton Howard and is one of my all-time favorite soundtracks. I thought it was perfect for the movie, but really, it’s just perfect. It’s absolutely haunting and breathtaking.  Another soundtrack I’ve been listening to and that I think is great for this time of year is the soundtrack to Snow White and the Huntsman. I did not like the movie, but do really like the music. And I just looked it up and am not surprised to find it was also composed by James Newton Howard.

No comments:

Post a Comment