Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Committing

So I mentioned a few weeks ago my sister and I bought airplane tickets to Cuzco, Peru. We are really going to go to Machu Picchu. Now that the excitement has worn off, I’ve started thinking.  My sister wants to hike the Inca trail. I do not like to hike all that much. I can handle day hikes but I’m not an overnight hiker. The once or twice I’ve done it wasn’t what I would call a good time.  And the real truth is that I wouldn’t be able to hike the Inca trail right now anyway. So we compromised that I am going to spend the next couple of months getting back in shape and really committing to the hike. And then when it comes time to get the hiking arrangements made, we’re going to decide if both of us really can hike it. And if not, we’ll take the bus. But if so, I may actually have to hike the thing.  

I can already tell this trip is going to be one of those excitement/dread types of things. I keep kind of laughing to myself that it will be a great experience and I will be able to say I did it. But I am also not really looking forward to it at all. I’m going to look at the positive side though, and think about all the clothes and things I will be able to shop for before I go on this trip. Because I do like to shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment