Monday, April 15, 2013

Mummies and Used Books

I spent a couple hours last weekend in SL going to the Mummies of the World exhibition at The Leonardo. It was very interesting if you like that kind of thing. And I do. Mummies aren’t just from ancient Egypt and they had a nice collection of mummies from all over the world. Most preserved on purpose and some that were not.  The interactive computer screens that let you see some of the science behind the mummies were interesting as well.

I’d like to think I could have been an anthropologist or archeologist in another life.  I find it fascinating to see the existence of people before modern times and glimpses into what they believed and how they lived or what they ate.
After the exhibit I walked across the square to the SL public library where they just happened to be having their semi-annual book sale. Yes, I planned the day to include both. I love library book sales. However, because of recent efforts to purge books from my shelves, I really scaled down my purchases. I could have left with many more books, but I only bought three. And they are books I was already planning to read.  All in all, it was a very nice Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment