Monday, April 8, 2013

Conference Weekend

I aways love general conference weekend. The messages are inspirational and I get to spend time with my family. And I can "attend church" in my pajamas or equivalent. Ever since I've lived on my own, I have the same routine for conference weekend. During the Saturday sessions, I clean my house or sort through clutter and just keep busy. During the Sunday sessions, I go to my parents house and watch it there. As the kids have gotten older, the noise level has increased so I can definitely say I listen closer on Saturday. I'm guessing we'll go full circle and eventually the noise level will decrease again as they all get old enough to sit still and at least not talk, even if they aren't listening.

I used to embroider to keep my hands busy during conference. My mind doesn't wander when my hands are busy. I have a dresser scarf that I have been working on for probably 10 years. The only time I ever get it out is during conference and for the past few years I haven't even bothered. It's hard to embroider when you have kids crawling on you. I'd like to finish it one of these days so I can actually get some use out of it. I guess that means I should actually work on it.

Anyway, it was a nice weekend, even if it was too short. Now the weatherman says we're going to have wind storms tonight so I think when I get home from work, I will make sure everything outside is secure and stay inside for the evening. I have a book to read, so it won't be a problem. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment