Monday, May 21, 2012

I'm an aunt again!

My sister-in-law had her baby yesterday. It’s hard to believe my little brother is a dad now.  I’m happy for them. I got to see baby Katya for a few minutes in the hospital after I ran an errand for them. She’s got a head of dark hair. It’s going to be so nice to have a baby in the family again since my next youngest niece is now 3.
I went to see The Man of La Mancha this weekend also. It was very good, but then I’ve never been to a bad performance at Pioneer Theater.  The only thing I actually knew about it before going to see it was that it is based on Don Quixote (a book I own but have never read) and I knew the song “The Impossible Dream”.  I thought it would be nice to see “The Impossible Dream” in the context of the play and while that was probably my favorite songs, there are some other songs I really enjoyed.  It was interesting that there was a story within a story being told and I liked that even though the reality for the characters in the story was quite bleak, there was a message of hope at the end.
I also had stake conference this weekend (busy weekend) and I was very inspired. While I do things with/for my family, friends, and church calling, being single with no children means most of my time is my own. And I like it. And I’m usually very happy with my life. But I can do better, be kinder, serve others more often, and try a little harder. After all, there is always room for improvement and I like feeling like I’m progressing and challenging myself to be a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment