Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I passed!

Well, the day finally arrived when I had to go take the PHR exam. I have put a lot of effort into studying for it these past couple weeks. To the extent that I even stopped reading (except for exam materials) for days at a time. But it paid off.

I didn't sleep well last night and had a huge amount of test anxiety this morning as I got up and drove to the university where the testing center is. My stomach was seriously not happy. I kept trying to give myself pep talks and take deep breaths. :)

When I first started the exam, for a little bit I thought I was taking the wrong test. I really didn't know why they were asking those questions, and it wasn't really what I had studied for. I bet I was positive on the answer for about 1/3 the questions. The rest I had to elimiate answers to get to what I thought was the best one. I hate those kinds of questions.

After 2 and 1/2 hours I pushed the "end exam" button and waited for my score. It's only a preliminary score that just says Pass. So I have to wait a couple weeks for the official score and the certificate, but I don't see what can change. It was all on the computer and they score it to get the pass. At first I thought I was seeing things. I had to go into the restroom afterwards and I just started crying. :) Yes, I have been an emotional wreck today. So pretty soon I'll have a certificate showing that I am certified PHR (Professional of Human Resources) to hang in my office.

The rest of the day was wonderful! I shopped a bit and ate lunch with my sister and then on the drive home, I hit the emotional low and made it home for a cat nap. I was exhausted. Then I got up and went to Lowe's and bought a bunch of flowers and potting soil and planted flowers in all my pots. I always think I'm only going to get a couple pots full, but I always end up buying too many flowers. I ended up with flowers in 7 pots/planters of different shapes and sizes.

I can't wait to just sit outside in my lawn chair with my flowers and a good book!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment