Thursday, March 15, 2012

Just finished "Daughter of Smoke and Bone" by Laini Taylor

I'm playing around with the goodreads app and it's not working like I thought it would. This blogging thing is going to take some time to learn. :) So I copied from my goodreads review:

This book was SO good. I have no ideas where authors come up with some of this stuff, but I love it. This book follows Karou as she tries to figure out who she is while a battle between seraphs and chimaera is raging, unbeknownst to her. Karou lives in Prague, attending art school and running "errands" for Brimstone, the chimaera who raised her and her whole life is about to change.
The setting and characters are all fantastic. I loved reading about Brimstone, the other chimaera, and the doorways between the worlds. I was a little unsure when Akiva showed up. I hate insta-love and that's what it was looking like, but I was pleasantly surprised how everything turned out. I won't spoil it, but I'd recommend this book for anybody who loves a good fairy tale or fantasy.

I will definitely be reading the next book.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone review at Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment